Training of ICDS Anganwadi workers and pre-school teachers of Shanti Ashram’s Bala Shanti Programme
• Training of ICDS Anganwadi workers and pre-school teachers of Shanti Ashram’s Bala Shanti Programme
• Service area from where the trainees are drawn : Perur & Madukkarai Block
• JOINT INTIATIVE of Aravind Eye Hospital & the International Centre for Child and Public Health @ Shanti Ashram
Goals of the training programme:
• To train the first 30 (out of the) ICDS Anganwadi workers and pre-school teachers
• To explore together how to screen 1000 children for early identification, timely referral, evaluation and surgery
• The ICDS Anganwadi workers, pre-school teachers will be trained for one full day on the rationale behind the programme goal to ‘Eliminate Childhood
Blindness due to Cataract’.
• The specific goals of this this public health project
• A practical session on how the screening is done and visualization of the screening, referral, management & follow-up steps.
Flow Chart: FLOW-CHART.pdf
|01.45 p.m||Welcome & Opening Prayer|
|01.55 p.m||Context Setting|
|02.00 p.m||Introducing Project Goals:
For Screening, Evaluation, Management, Rehabilitation & Training to Eliminate Childhood Blindness due to Cataract
What does data show? Cataract blindness in children – the global, national & local scenario
How can ICDS Anganwadi workers & pre-school teachers help in the execution of the programme?
|02.45 p.m||How to ensure community participation in successful child health outreach?
The coming together of science, experience & local know-how
Dr.Subhadra Iyengar, Coordinator, Public Health Desk
Dr.Kezevino Aram, President, Shanti Ashram
|03.15 p.m||How a community screening clinic is done & identification of children with defective vision is completed? Group Activity led by the Aravind Eye Hospital Team|
|03.50 p.m||TEA BREAK|
Presentation from the Groups on next steps
Awarding of Certificates by Dr.S.R.Subramanian & Dr.Subhadra Iyengar
|05.00 p.m||Debriefing and reflections from the trainees
Wrap up by ICPH & Aravind Hospitals