• It is estimated that around 40% of the employees in the age group between 20 and 50 years may develop
either long sight or short sight problems due to age or genetic reasons.
• As a result they will find it difficult to carry out regular day to work effectively
• This community screening will help identify those who have problems and treat them accordingly.
• FREE SPECTACLES : Spectacles will be sponsored by Aravind Eye Hospital and on the spot for women 40 and
above who have been identified with eye problems
• INTRA OCULAR EYE PRESSURE In addition intraocular pressure and blood sugar will be tested
• REFERRAL CARE AT ARAVIND EYE HOSPITAL Women for further examination will be referred to Aravind Eye
• FOLLOW UP: Follow up will be made to measure the impact of quality of life after wearing glasses.