Launch of the joint initiative will include:
• Unveiling of the Programme poster
• Inaugurating the ICPH helpline for CHILDREN and their FAMILIES @ICPH during the COVID 19 pandemic
• COVID 19 prevention session on Health and Hygiene for children via the online platform
• Financial literacy & Home budgeting session for women entrepreneurs
The focus of creating this social safety net will include three important dimensions:
• Facilitating critical Public Health Education on COVID 19 prevention & extension of PPE kits
• Extension of child health services as the lock down continues
• Ensuring food security for the most vulnerable children with rural women entrepreneurs
ICPH responding to the context:
Facilitating critical Public Health Education on COVID 19 prevention & extension of child health services to the most vulnerable children will be a critical component of this initiative. Informed disease prevention and control requires epidemiological knowledge of the disease, multi-faceted causation, sources of infection and dynamics of transition. We will through this initiative identify and institute more than one method of reaching out to vulnerable children simultaneously as the impact of the current COVID 19 Pandemic has been multi-dimensional. The choice of methods will depend upon various factors, including cost effectiveness, technical soundness and public acceptability.
At Shanti Ashram and the International Center for Child and Public Health, we have decided to look out for our most vulnerable children and rural women in our service villages.
We aim to support their care in their homes, in the warmth of their families as well as in local community settings.
|11.00 a.m.||Interfaith Prayer led by Shanti Ashram Staff|
|11.05 a.m.||Context setting of the initiative by Dr.Subhadra Iyengar, Coordinator, Public Health Desk (ICPH)|
|11.10 a.m.||Unveiling of the Public Communication poster by
Trustee, Shanti Ashram &
Former Vice Chancellor, Gandhigram Rural University
|11.20 a.m.||Inauguration of the ICPH helpline for CHILDREN during the COVID 19 Pandemic @ICPH|
|11.25 a.m.||Concluding Remarks by Dr.S.R.Subramanian, Head, Sustainable Development Programme|
|11.40 a.m.||Session 1: Financial Literacy & Home Budgeting for Women Entrepreneurs|
|12.30 p.m.||Handing over of PPE Kits|
|02.30 p.m.||Situation analysis via PRA|
|03.00 p.m.||Session 1: COVID 19 prevention, health and hygiene for children via the online platform|